The Gallatin County Democrats are made up entirely of volunteers and therefore we can always use more help. Before are just some of the ways that you can get involved and make an impact locally.
All the candidate mailers, Zoom conversations, amazing letters to the editors (seriously, read some), and fundraisers won’t make a difference if we don’t turn out the vote in Gallatin County. We need YOUR help and engagement.
- Host or volunteer for a voter registration event. Email us to get started.
- Help us distribute thousands of get-out-the-vote door hangers in Gallatin County the week of October 10-18. No knocking involved although you may run into a neighbor or two.
- Join the Gallatin Blue Wave on the new Reach app to connect with your friends and neighbors about important voting information. Email us to get started.
- Read our latest Call to Action email with specific volunteer opportunities. Updated every Wednesday. Better yet, subscribe to get it delivered straight to your inbox.
During election years, candidates at all levels need volunteers willing to knock doors, make phone calls, and spread the word about their candidacy. We are happy to get you in touch with the right people in the campaign(s) you’d like to volunteer for – just contact us!
You can sign up for weekly phone banking with the 406 Votes Team. Contact a local candidate directly for their volunteer needs, or subscribe to our weekly newsletter to receive volunteer opportunities.
Make an impact at the most local level possible and volunteer to serve as a precinct committee representatives. There are several vacant precinct positions, so check out our precinct map to see if you live in a precinct in need of a representative.
Precinct committee representatives typically serve a two year term and are elected/appointed by the Central Committee. Once you are elected, you’ll have a vote on the Central Committee.
As a precinct representative, you’ll have the opportunity to organize your neighbors, get out the vote, promote your candidates, and build your community. There is even a fund available to financially support your activities. To learn more, contact us.
The Central Committee created various sub-committees to more effectively manage and implement our mission. The following sub-committees welcome new volunteers and input. Contact us to learn more.
- Communications Committee
- Focusing on the messaging and communication avenues for all Gallatin County Democratic activity, this committee manages our online presence and develops effective communications that support our mission.
- Interim Chair: Alyson Roberts
- Fundraising Committee
- This committee seeks to raise funds necessary to continue operations, outreach, communication, and events that build our community and elect Democrats to office.
- Outreach Committee
- Tasked with building our presence throughout the community, this committee plans and executes all our outreach activities, including Blue Tuesdays, Blue Wave Book Club, Gallatin County festivals and parades, and the Big Sky Country State Fair, just to name a few.
- Chair: Alyson Roberts
- Precinct Development
- This committee provides opportunities to further develop precinct people and their communities.
- Chair: Jerry Gossel
- Volunteer Committee
- This committee works with volunteers to find the best fit for them based on their skills and areas of interest.
- Chair: Elizabeth Marum