The Gallatin County Democrats are made up almost entirely of volunteers and therefore we can always use more help. Before are just some of the ways that you can get involved and make an impact locally.
Make an impact at the most local level possible and volunteer to serve as a precinct committee representative. There are many vacant precinct positions, so check out our precinct map to see if you live in a precinct in need of a representative. Below is a list of vacancies. For each precinct, the Montana Democratic Party Rules state that there must be two representatives of different gender identities. In addition, precinct representatives must live within the boundaries of their precinct.
Precinct committee representatives typically serve a two-year term and are elected/appointed by the Central Committee. Once you are elected, you’ll have a vote on the Central Committee.
As a precinct representative, you’ll have the opportunity to organize your neighbors, get out the vote, promote your candidates, and build your community. To learn more, contact us.
Vacant Precincts as of November 2020:
- 61A: one position
- 61C: one position
- 62C: one position
- 63B: one position
- 64A: both
- 64B: one position
- 64C: both
- 64D: one position
- 65A: one position
- 65B: one position
- 66A: one position
- 66C: one position
- 67A: one position
- 67B: one position
- 67C: both
- 68A: one position
- 68C: both
- 69A: both
- 69B: one position
- 69C: both
- 69D: both
The Central Committee created various sub-committees to more effectively manage and implement our mission. The following sub-committees welcome new volunteers and input. Contact us to learn more.
- Communications Committee
- Focusing on the messaging and communication avenues for all Gallatin County Democratic activity, this committee manages our online presence and develops effective communications that support our mission.
- Fundraising Committee
- This committee seeks to raise funds necessary to continue operations, outreach, communication, and events that build our community and elect Democrats to office.
- Outreach Committee
- Tasked with building our presence throughout the community, this committee plans and executes all our outreach activities, including Blue Tuesdays, Blue Wave Book Club, Gallatin County festivals and parades, and the Big Sky Country State Fair, just to name a few.
- Precinct Development
- This committee provides opportunities to further develop precinct people and their communities.
- Chair: Jerry Gossel
- Volunteer Committee
- This committee works with volunteers to find the best fit for them based on their skills and areas of interest.
For 2021, we will be evaluating these sub-committees. We may add more, based on current needs, so stay tuned. Or, better yet, subscribe to our newsletter to stay informed.
Reach is a new-to-us organizing app that helps us connect with our networks about all the work we’re doing for Democratic values, policies, and calls-to-action.
We’ll be transitioning our Reach from campaign to community-building in the coming weeks. If you’d like to learn more, send Alyson an email.
Join us for any of our monthly meetings where we talk about current volunteer opportunities, important community action, and more. Visit our events for information on upcoming meetings.
Since March 2020, we have been meeting on Zoom, and we do not anticipate this will change any time soon.
We welcome everyone to share their ideas on what we can do to continue to build our community, engage Gallatin County residents in Democratic values, and support our neighbors across the state.
If you have suggestions, share them! Email us, give us a call, send a text, or attend a meeting.
Text/Call: (406) 589-2165