The Gallatin County Democrats are made up entirely of volunteers and therefore we can always use more help. Before are just some of the ways that you can get involved and make an impact locally.
We strive to be at every Gallatin County community event that we are allowed to attend, and we always need volunteers to help out with the organization and execution of these events.
Have an idea for outreach or want to be involved in the planning? Join the Outreach Committee! Contact us for more information.
Check back for more information about upcoming community events like:
- Big Sky Country State Fair – July 15-19, 2020
- Manhattan Potato Festival – August 15, 2020
- Bogert Farmer’s Market – September 2020
- Belgrade Fall Festival – September 19, 2020
- MSU Homecoming Parade – October 2020
Make an impact at the most local level possible and volunteer to serve as a precinct committee representatives. There are several vacant precinct positions, so check out our precinct map to see if you live in a precinct in need of a representative.
Precinct committee representatives typically serve a two year term and are elected/appointed by the Central Committee. Once you are elected, you’ll have a vote on the Central Committee.
As a precinct representative, you’ll have the opportunity to organize your neighbors, get out the vote, promote your candidates, and build your community. There is even a fund available to financially support your activities. To learn more, contact us.
The Central Committee created various sub-committees to more effectively manage and implement our mission. The following sub-committees welcome new volunteers and input. Contact us to learn more.
- Communications Committee
- Focusing on the messaging and communication avenues for all Gallatin County Democratic activity, this committee manages our online presence and develops effective communications that support our mission.
- Interim Chair: Alyson Roberts
- Fundraising Committee
- This committee seeks to raise funds necessary to continue operations, outreach, communication, and events that build our community and elect Democrats to office.
- Outreach Committee
- Tasked with building our presence throughout the community, this committee plans and executes all our outreach activities, including Blue Tuesdays, Blue Wave Book Club, Gallatin County festivals and parades, and the Big Sky Country State Fair, just to name a few.
- Chair: Alyson Roberts
- Precinct Development
- This committee provides opportunities to further develop precinct people and their communities.
- Chair: Jerry Gossel
- Volunteer Committee
- This committee works with volunteers to find the best fit for them based on their skills and areas of interest.
- Chair: Elizabeth Marum