- This event has passed.
Lobby Day & Potluck
Mar 18 @ 8:00 am - 7:30 pm
You are invited to join your community for a Lobby Day and Potluck at the Montana State Legislature this Monday, March 18.
While the full agenda for the Legislature is not yet set, there is sure to be hearings and votes on important proposed legislation throughout the day. As the Legislative day wraps up, join us for a potluck with our local legislators. Bring a dish or treat to share and say thank you to the Legislators for all their hard work so far this session.
This is a full day, but come for what you can when you can.
Need a ride? Have seats in your car? Sign up for a carpool here.
Monday, March 18
Montana State Capitol
1301 E. 6th Ave, Helena, MT 59601
Legislative Committee Hearings begin at 8am
House and Senate Floor Sessions meet at 1pm
Additional committee hearings meet at 3pm
Potluck at 5:30pm
1232 E. 6th Ave, Helena, MT 59601
The committee hearings scheduled for the day include:
- HB298 sponsored by Christopher Pope (HD65) which will revise funding for students with disabilities
- Senate Education & Cultural Resources Committee at 3pm in Room 422
- SJ4 sponsored by Jon Sesso (SD37) which is a resolution to reauthorize the surface mining control and reclamation act
- House Natural Resources Committee at 3pm in Room 172
- SB114 sponsored by Jen Gross (SD25) which will generally revise stalking and orders of protection laws
- House Judiciary Committee at 8am in Room 137
For the full schedule of committee hearings with links to bills, please click here.
Let us know if you can make it – RSVP here.
Please contact Elizabeth Marum at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 570-1033 with any questions.
Thank you for your engagement!