The Gallatin County Democrats are excited to hold the biennial Gallatin County Democratic Convention, and everyone is invited to attend. The purpose of this convention is to elect new county officers to serve on the Executive Committee.
Wednesday, May 26, 2021
5:45 pm – 7:30 pm on Zoom
Applications closed but we’ll accept nominations from the floor!
Application Deadline: Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Position duties of the following officers can be found in the Gallatin County Democratic Central Committee By-Laws. These are also governed by the Montana Democratic Party Rules.
These positions are open to everyone, whether a current member of the Central Committee or not. Only current officers and appointed/elected precinct committee people are allowed to vote at the County Convention.
Applicants for these positions must submit the above application by the deadline, attend the County Convention, and make a short verbal presentation. Nominations will also be taken from the floor of the convention with verbal presentation required.
- County Chair (Chair and Vice Chair one shall be a self-identified woman, one shall be a self-identified man)
- Vice Chair (Chair and Vice-Chair one shall be a self-identified woman, one shall be a self-identified man)
- Two State Committee Representatives, with no more than one of any gender identity
- Four State Central Committee Representative Alternates, with no more than two of any gender identity
- 1st Alternate State Central Committee Representative for County Chair
- 2nd Alternate State Central Committee Representative for County Vice Chair
- 3rd Alternate State Central Committee Representative
- 4th Alternate State Central Committee Representative